3 Laboratory Manager Positions available to apply for at the University of Birmingham
|Post Title:||Laboratory Manager – 49562 (3 posts available)|
|Organisation Advertising Description||Estates and Infrastructure
College of Medical and Dental School
|Location||University of Birmingham|
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,025 to £29,515. With potential progression once in post to £33,199 a year.
|Full time/part time||Full Time|
The laboratory managers within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences are essential in supporting world class research activities and high quality infrastructure.
This post is part of a service team of technical and laboratory managers providing wide ranging support across the College. The post holder will be responsible for the overall day to day management of the research laboratory and office facilities within a designated area.
The post holder will provide a high level of expertise in a range of technical skills to support academic delivery to a dedicated section of the College’s space. The post holder will have core duties that apply to all laboratory managers but will also undertake specific activity in line with the bespoke needs of the research activity and their own expertise and specialisms. Examples of these are detailed below and will not be undertaken by all post holders, this list is not exhaustive and will be subject to change:
- IBR 4 th Floor; support the maintenance and management of specialist Category 3 facilities
- NMR, understand the operational requirements of BioMolecular NMR and undertake routine cryogenic fills
- CTIR and RAICR; manage and support core GCP designated labs
- IBR West; high level of skill in tissue culture sufficient to train and advise others
- College wide; support and manage the work experience placement scheme
- Act as Biological Safety Officer in any area if skill set is appropriate
- College wide; form part of COSHH review group if skill set is appropriate
Please note: Occupational Health and/or DBS Clearance may be required (to be confirmed upon appointment)
- Extensive proven substantial practical and technical experience of a wide range of techniques as stated above and Good Laboratory Practice gained through extensive experience and formal qualification.
- Experience of working in and managing research laboratories.
- Significant previous experience working at a technical level.
- Understanding of the application of the principles of good clinical practice to laboratory research.
- A professional qualification in an appropriate subject or extensive equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Positive service attitude and shows courtesy in dealing with others.
- Proven ability to organise and manage own work load and demonstrate flexibility in terms of work practices/requirements.
- Proven ability to work independently but function as part of a team.
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and ensure solutions are developed to meet their needs and provide advice and guidance.
Closing date: 27.04.2019
To download the full job description and details of this position and submit an electronic application online follow the link:
Click Here to go to the Laboratory Manager Job Application Page
You can also access the job here and others available: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/jobs/index.aspx
Please quote Job Ref: 49562 in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment.