Following on from our successful Conference in 2015 we enjoyed another hugely successful Conference this year at the University of Manchester Conference Centre on 15th September 2016.
This exciting one-day conference and its talks/workshops offered an opportunity to update technical knowledge, skills, and further your career development. It also provided valuable networking opportunities to engage and learn from other technical staff and technical supervisors/managers.
Our 2 excellent Keynote speakers were:
Helen Sharman OBE FRSC, IST President
Professor Malcolm Press, Vice Chancellor, Manchester Metropolitan University
In addition there were a range of breakout sessions including the following:
- The pros and cons of Health and Safety – a manager’s perspective
- Proactively manage your personal development – for career benefit
- Safe Beaches’ legislation – and an insight into what goes into checking them
- A strategic approach to technical support – redefining career structures and roles
- Laboratory awareness – Thermo Scientific
- Yes, technicians can have a career in academia…!
- How flavours and seasonings are created for electronic cigarettes
- TechNet Technicians Network – by technicians, for technicians
- 3D printing – from nuts and bolts to rock guitars
- WE don’t use chemicals – ro do we?
- Greening labs – embedding sustainable practices
- Laboratory management – IT systems
We also presented Awards and Prizes for:
- Outstanding trainee/apprentice award
- Best Conference poster award
Each of the 2 award winners received a mini iPad, and acheivement certificate
- #Hashtag challenge prize
The winner of the hashtag challenge received £150 Amazon vouchers, an achievement certificate
We would like to thank all of our Sponsors and supporters for their help and input into the event, it is very much appreciated.