- Looking to further your career?
- Concerned about job security?
- Feeling that your contribution and skills are not recognised?
The IST is firmly committed enhancing professional development and recognition for technical and specialist staff at all levels and aims to help staff achieve these objectives by becoming Science Council Chartered Scientists, Registered Scientists or Registered Science Technicians.
For staff in senior scientific and leadership roles – candidates will typically be qualified to at least QCF level 7 and applying their knowledge in their roles. CSci status is a well established benchmark across the professions
For staff in scientific and senior technical roles – candidates will typically (but not exclusively) be qualified to at least QCF level 5 and will be applying this knowledge to their roles. It provides recognition in its own right but can also be a springboard to CSci status
For staff in technical roles – candidates will typically (but not exclusively) be qualified to at least QCF level 3 and will be applying this knowledge to their roles. It provides recognition in its own right but can also be a springboard to RSci or CSci status
We guide you through the a straightforward and rewarding process (with no exams) which:
- Showcases the breadth of your knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates your commitment to personal and professional development
- identifies improvement opportunities and pathways
- Connects you to professional and support networks
If you would like more information follow the links above for each of the levels or contact us and we will be pleased to help.