What is the IST – Institute of Science & Technology?
The Institute of Science & Technology is the professional body for specialist, technical and managerial staff. Whilst we have been serving our members for over 50 years, our aim is to continually move forward and expand our horizons so that we can best position ourselves to support our members and their needs within the ever-changing and challenging 21st century.
We reach out to provide focused, professional support to a wide group of specialist, technical, and managerial colleagues in a broad range of environments such as science, engineering, arts, industry, local authorities, schools, FE, HE, research/analytical/health facilities, government departments and many more in the UK and overseas.
- Supporting World Class Science – S-Lab/IST Conference Dates Announced
- Five newly trained Registered Science Technicians secure their first jobs
- IST Executive Nominations Ballot Form and AGM
- RSC – Chemistry Technician of the Year and Chemical Sciences Apprentice of the Year Awards
- HEaTED Courses Directory Available
- IST Chairman in UK’s Top 100 Scientists
- Read more IST news and events »